https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/373926.jpg 250 250 Amy Garrett https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/OwlCreekLogo278a.jpg Amy Garrett2009-01-06 11:23:072020-03-10 15:17:50Homemade Refried Beans
Homemade Refried Beans
Combine these refried beans with my spanish rice and pulled pork for totally awesome burritos!
- 1 onion peeled and halved
- 3 cups dry pinto beans rinsed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 9 cups water divided
- Once the beans have cooked, mash the beans and onion with an immersion blender until as smooth (or thick) as desired. Serve hot, or let cool and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for longer storage.
If more than 9 cups total water is needed, use a lower heat setting next time.
Did you like this? Please share with your friends, and don't forget to follow us on facebook.