Ice Cream Pumpkin Pie
- 1½ pints vanilla ice cream - , softened
- 3 eggs
- 1¾ cups pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 unbaked pie shells - 9 inch
- Preheat oven to 425°f. Place ice cream near the warm oven to soften.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs. Stir in the pumpkin puree, sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Mix in soft ice cream until smooth. Pour filling into two 9 inch pie shells.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce temperature to 350°f and bake an additional 30 to 40 minutes, or until filling is set.