https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/6a010536eec1a6970c013487b13575970c-800wi.jpg 450 600 Amy https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/OwlCreekLogo278a.jpg Amy2014-04-18 21:08:112020-02-15 20:35:48Carrot Cake
A simple, but completely delicious and frosting smothered carrot cake. Doesn't include yucky stuff like pecans or pineapple (which are fine on their own, but not in carrot cake).
For the Cake
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrots
For the Frosting
- 1 cup butter , softened
- 2 - 8 ounces packages cream cheese , softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, applesauce, oil, sugars, and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
To Make Frosting:
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Frost the cooled cake.
Did you like this? Please share with your friends, and don't forget to follow us on facebook.