The older my kids get, the more some recipes show that they stand the test of time. It’s been over a decade since I started making this recipe, but we never get tired of it. I have picky eaters, most of that comes from textures they can’t stand. Some days they can tolerate things and other days, maybe not so much.
When I make this pulled pork, some times I will also make rolls, and have BBQ pulled pork sandwiches and a salad like my Potato Salad. Most often, I make Spanish Rice and have Refried Beans ready, along with Homemade Tortillas, which together, and pared with a garden salad, make a fantastic meal. Since everything but the Spanish Rice is prepped in advance, there’s very little to do to get a hearty dinner ready.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 lbs pork roast* cut into 1/2 lb chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp Better than Bouillon Chicken
- 3 cups water
- Scoop the Better Than Bouillon into the bottom of the pot, then carefully so the spices stay in place, pour the broth into the pan (around the edges, in between chunks of meat).
- Cover, cook on lowest heat for 8 hours.
- After 4 hours, turn (ignore otherwise).
- Remove meat from juice and use 2 forks to pull/shred the meat.
- Juice can be added back in, a little at a time, if the meat needs some moisture.
Did you like this? Please share with your friends, and don't forget to follow us on facebook.