You want chili, you want good chili, and you want it now!
This recipe is not only the literally best tasting chili we’ve had, this Quick & Easy Chili is SO quick and SO easy (in case that wasn’t obvious – sorry, I’m terrible about dad jokes)! You’ll be scarfing down those chili dogs in no time. I can’t help you with hot dog recommendations, but if you DO have some time to make them, my Burger & Hot Dog Buns take their deliciousness up an extra notch.
This was originally post in June 2013, but we’d been making it like this for several years before. When the kids were younger, they didn’t like beans, so we left them out and it still tastes great! When we serve it in bowls, we like lots of cheese, a little sour cream, and saltine crackers crushed on top just before serving. I’m not sure why that’s a thing or why is works, but it is and it does.
If you give this recipe a try, let us know how you liked it! What kind of salsa did you use?
Quick & Easy Chili
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2½ cups tomato sauce
- 1½ cups jar salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can dark red kidney beans 15 oz
- Shredded cheddar cheese optional
- Sour Cream optional
- In a large pot over medium heat, brown the ground beef, then add the onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes, or until the onion is tender. Drain any grease, if desired.
- Top each serving with shredded cheese and sour cream, if desired