Clam Stuffed Mushrooms
- 20 very large fresh mushrooms - stems removed (I also pulled off the inner edge to “open up” the mushroom to allow more filling)
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, drained
- 2 cloves garlic - peeled and minced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- ¾ cup dry bread crumbs
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons Italian-style seasoning
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1½ cups butter - melted
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange mushroom caps hollow side up in the baking dish.
- Generously fill the mushroom caps with the clam mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.