https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/71025423_2450428188614499_880047388884992_o.jpg 810 1440 Amy https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/2021OwlCreekLogo-1.jpg Amy2020-01-25 19:47:152020-01-26 21:01:40Apple Crisp
Our favourite apple crisp recipe. Use good quality, fresh apples (we use gala for everything).
- 9-10 cups crisp apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup melted butter
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Put apple slices into large bowl, combine ¾ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in bowl; sprinkle over apples and stir gently to coat
- Place sliced apples in ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, sugars, ¼ tsp cinnamon, baking powder and salt in bowl; add eggs and mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- Pour melted butter over topping. Bake 45-55 minutes or until lightly browned and apples are tender. Serve warm with cream, whipped cream, or ice cream.