https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/cinnamonrolls.jpg 960 720 Amy Garrett https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/OwlCreekLogo278a.jpg Amy Garrett2012-09-28 15:19:332020-03-10 15:18:43Unbelievable Cinnamon Rolls
Unbelievable Cinnamon Rolls
These are so incredibly good it's unbelievable!
Servings: 15 rolls
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter and salt; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm. While the milk mixture cools, in a small bowl, dissolve 1 teaspoon sugar and yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture, milk mixture, eggs and 1 1/2 cup flour; stir well to combine. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- While dough is rising, melt 1 cup butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in 1 cup brown sugar, whisking until smooth. Pour into greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Combine remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, roll into an 18x14 inch rectangle. Spread approximately 2T softened butter over dough, leaving 1/2 inch border uncovered; sprinkle with brown sugar cinnamon mixture. Starting at long side, tightly roll up, pinching seam to seal. Brush with remaining 2T butter. Slide a long piece of thread under the roll, cross the thread and pull quickly to slice the rolls into approximate 1" widths. Place cut side down in prepared pan.
- Cover and let rise for 1-2 hours or until doubled or tripled in volume (the longer they rise, the lighter and fluffier they will get, too long and they'll fall) Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool in pan for 3 minutes, then invert onto serving platter. Scrape remaining filling from the pan onto the rolls.
Did you like this? Please share with your friends, and don't forget to follow us on facebook.