Ranch Dressing. North Americans almost literally have a love affair with the stuff. I’m not immune to it delicious charms, either.
However, there’s been a disturbing trend in the past 10-15 years, where bottled ranch is getting more and more disgusting. Cheap chemicals to maximize profits? Probably. But what’s happening is these mega corporations are taking what used to be good – 20 years ago, Hidden Valley Ranch was edible – and turning into an over sweet, under seasoned, disgusting textured blog of nasty.
Not all is lost, because if you look down below a couple lines, you’ll be rewarded with a ridiculously simple and superbly tasty ranch dressing/dip recipe.
My kids love the cold pasta salad I make with rotini noodles, fake crab, broccoli (lightly steamed and cooled) and this stuff. Ok I admit, I love it too.
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp (rounded) dried chives
- 1/2 tsp (rounded) dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp (rounded) dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Milk to thin as needed
- In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise and sour cream, mix in all the spices and use as is for dip, or slowly add milk while constantly stirring til desired thinness is reached for salad dressing.
- Let set 30 minutes to blend flavors.
Did you like this? Please share with your friends, and don't forget to follow us on facebook.