While contemplating how to create the layout of my garden this year, I stumbled upon GrowVeg.com I didn’t even bother looking for anything else, it’s exactly what I wanted, and more. The GrowVeg system lets you:
- Create Plans: Quickly produce garden plans, add plants and change the layout. Either metric units or feet and inches are supported.
- Growing information: Just click for full details of how to grow each plant, where to position them etc
- Spacing and Crop Families: Clearly shown by the colored area around each vegetable
- Personalized Planting Chart: Print a chart showing how many of each plant you require and when to sow, plant out and harvest them. Our advanced system works out the dates for your own area.
- Reminder Emails: Reminds you what needs sowing and planting out in your garden (optional)
- Easy Crop Rotation: Plan next year’s garden and it shows you where to avoid planting each vegetable
So not only can you create a map, you can organize where to put the plants based on family if you want, and it tells you when to start the seeds and transplant them if needed. You get a 30 day free trial, after that it’s $25/year, or $40 for 2 years. While the company is in the UK, the system is completely set up for you to enter your zip code and recieve customized planting date information. Try it!