While contemplating how to create the layout of my garden this year, I stumbled upon GrowVeg.com I didn’t even bother looking for anything else, it’s exactly what I wanted, and more. The GrowVeg system lets you:
- Create Plans: Quickly produce garden plans, add plants and change the layout. Either metric units or feet and inches are supported.
- Growing information: Just click for full details of how to grow each plant, where to position them etc
- Spacing and Crop Families: Clearly shown by the colored area around each vegetable
- Personalized Planting Chart: Print a chart showing how many of each plant you require and when to sow, plant out and harvest them. Our advanced system works out the dates for your own area.
- Reminder Emails: Reminds you what needs sowing and planting out in your garden (optional)
- Easy Crop Rotation: Plan next year’s garden and it shows you where to avoid planting each vegetable
So not only can you create a map, you can organize where to put the plants based on family if you want, and it tells you when to start the seeds and transplant them if needed. You get a 30 day free trial, after that it’s $25/year, or $40 for 2 years. While the company is in the UK, the system is completely set up for you to enter your zip code and recieve customized planting date information. Try it!
Did you like this? Please share with your friends, and don't forget to follow us on facebook.