https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/fish_taco.jpg 300 400 Amy https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/OwlCreekLogo278a.jpg Amy2009-01-05 10:57:252020-02-10 20:21:20Fish Tacos
Everyone who tries these goes from, "fish tacos? yuck!" to "wow these are so good!" - and this recipe is so much tastier than Taco Del Mar's! If time is a concern, you can use good quality frozen beer battered fish fillets, taking out the fish and batter ingredients and instructions below (homemade tastes much better though).
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ jalapeno pepper minced
- 1 tsp minced capers
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp dried dill weed
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
Pico de gallo
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 T chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup beer
- 1 quart oil for frying
- 1 pound cod fillets cut into 2 to 3 ounce portions
- 1 (12 ounce) package corn (or flour) tortillas
- ½ medium head cabbage or lettuce finely shredded
- If you want to use homemade tortillas, get them made first.
- At least an hour in advance to let flavors combine: To make pico de gallo, in a small bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno, salt and pepper. Set aside. To make white sauce, place mayo in a small bowl, gradually stir in fresh lime juice until consistency is slightly runny. Season with jalapeno, capers, oregano, cumin, dill, and cayenne.
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Dust fish pieces lightly with flour. Dip into beer batter, and fry until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Lightly fry tortillas; not too crisp. To serve, place fried fish in a tortilla, and top with shredded cabbage or lettuce, pico de gallo and white sauce.
Did you like this? Please share with your friends, and don't forget to follow us on facebook.