https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/potato.jpg 250 250 Amy https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/2021OwlCreekLogo-1.jpg Amy2008-12-28 19:52:582020-02-18 11:35:24Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Great tasting and frees up the stove during those big holiday meals. From allrecipes.com
- 5 pounds red potatoes , cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic , or to taste
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the potatoes, garlic, and bouillon until potatoes are tender but firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, reserving water. In a bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese, adding reserved water as needed to attain desired consistency.
- Transfer the potato mixture to a slow cooker, cover, and cook on Low for 2 to 3 hours. Just before serving, stir in butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.