https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/eggroll.jpg 250 250 Amy https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/2021OwlCreekLogo-1.jpg Amy2008-12-27 19:31:262020-02-18 11:35:24Egg rolls
- 1 lb ground pork
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large carrot , shredded
- 1/2 green bell pepper , sliced thin
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 tsp fresh ginger root , grated
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1-1/2 Tbsp molasses
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 qt oil for frying
- 1-14 oz package egg roll wrappers
- 1-1/2 cups sweet & sour sauce
- Cook pork in a large skillet/wok over medium high heat. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the cabbage, carrot, pepper, onion, garlic and ginger. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch, soy sauce and molasses until smooth.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in skillet/wok. Stir in cabbage mixture in batches, cooking each batch 3-4 minutes, just until tender. Return vegetables to bowl and mix in pork. Stir in the cornstarch mixture.
- Heat 1 qt oil in deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 C)
- Place about 1 Tbsp filling on each egg roll wrapper. Fold one corner over filling, then fold in sides. Moisten edges of remaining edge with water and roll, sealing edge well.
- Fry egg rolls in batches in the hot oil until golden grown. Drain on paper towels and serve with sweet & sour sauce.