https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/stuffedmushrooms.jpg 250 250 Amy https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/OwlCreekLogo278a.jpg Amy2008-12-26 10:32:062020-02-12 15:39:15Clam Stuffed Mushrooms
Clam Stuffed Mushrooms
I first made these for Christmas 2008 and they’ve been included in every holiday meal since, a favourite of all ages.
Servings: 8 -10
- 20 very large fresh mushrooms stems removed (I also pulled off the inner edge to “open up” the mushroom to allow more filling)
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, drained
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- ¾ cup dry bread crumbs
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons Italian-style seasoning
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1½ cups butter melted
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange mushroom caps hollow side up in the baking dish.
- Generously fill the mushroom caps with the clam mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Did you like this? Please share with your friends, and don't forget to follow us on facebook.