https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/chickensoup.jpg 333 520 Amy Garrett https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/OwlCreekLogo278a.jpg Amy Garrett2008-12-23 15:14:342020-02-18 11:35:24Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
You can't beat homemade chicken noodle soup on a cold, wet day. The homemade noodles are easy and make all the difference in this recipe. Don't use store bought!
- In your soup pot, cook the carrots, celery and onion in oil on medium til the onions are translucent, then add the garlic and cook another minute. Add the chicken, seasonings, and broth.
- Let cook for 30 minutes on medium/medium low (just so it’s bubbling). Make the egg noodle dough (below) during this time.
- Bring to a good boil and add the noodles, a few at a time so they stay separate.
- Let cook for a few minutes after the last noodles are added and it’s done!
Homemade Egg Noodles
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to desired thickness (I roll it as thin as possible until it's see through and can't get much thinner). Use additional flour as needed to keep dough from sticking to rolling pin.
- Cut into desired lengths and shapes.
- Allow to air dry before cooking.
Did you like this? Please share with your friends, and don't forget to follow us on facebook.