https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/Deviled_Eggs.jpg 380 380 Amy https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/OwlCreekLogo278a.jpg Amy2008-12-20 11:06:212008-12-20 11:06:21Deviled Eggs
I generally quadruple or quintuple this recipe, it is a favourite of everyone of all ages.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 stalk celery , finely chopped
- 1/4 onion , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- salt to taste
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (we like Frank’s Red Hot)
- paprika , for garnish
- Hard boil eggs as you normally do, or: place eggs in a medium saucepan and just cover with cold water. Turn stove burner on high, place pan of eggs on burner. Turn on timer to 20 minutes. When water hits a hard boil, turn to med-med high. Remove from heat when timer rings; place in sink and fill pan with cold water. Replace water until eggs are cool.
- Cut eggs in half. Remove yolks and place in a medium bowl. Mash together with celery, onion, mayonnaise, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- Place egg mixture in a pastry bag or zip lock bag (cut a small corner off and seal the bag), and fill the egg white halves with the egg yolk mixture. Sprinkle eggs with paprika. Chill, covered, in the refrigerator until serving.
Did you like this? Please share with your friends, and don't forget to follow us on facebook.