https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/pecanpie.jpg 194 259 Amy https://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/OwlCreekLogo278a.jpg Amy2008-12-14 22:01:452008-12-14 22:01:45Caramel Pecan Pie
Caramel Pecan Pie
A favourite holiday pie; even folks who don’t care for pecan pie like this one.
- 1 9 ″ unbaked pie crust
- 36 individually wrapped caramels , unwrapped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Ina saucepan over low hear, combine caramels, butter and milk. Cook, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Gradually mix in the melted caramel mixture. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Allow to cool until filling is firm.
Did you like this? Please share with your friends, and don't forget to follow us on facebook.