- Got the tilling mostly done (it needs another pass).
- Mowed the back yard.
- Started a “proper” compost – half buried a 32 gallon plastic trash can in the ground and filled it with some of the “compost” I’ve been making (grass clippings) and the kitchen scraps I saved up this week. The can has holes drilled in the bottom and all over the sides, both above and below ground. Hoping it works well.
- Got the wood and twine for the peas and beans
- Got a new shovel cause I broke ours trying to dig up this evil bush (see pictures below, I’ll point out said evil bush), also got a weeding hoe and new rake to replace the one that was broken a while ago.
- Sold our Orchard Heaters, got what my dad and I paid for them 12 years ago, which paid for a bunch of the gardening supplies.
The garden…or what will be. The bushes are “the evil bushes” They’re right smack dab in the middle of the yard and right in front of the gate…I’m working on digging up about 2 feet of them from the gate to allow a good walkway.
Did you like this? Please share with your friends, and don't forget to follow us on facebook.