http://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/porkchopgoudabacon.jpg 250 250 Amy http://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/OwlCreekLogo1sm.png Amy2011-07-12 23:36:052011-07-12 23:36:05Stuffed Pork Chops with Smoked Gouda & Bacon
Stuffed Pork Chops with Smoked Gouda & Bacon
We couldn’t get enough of this. I baked these instead of grilling and they were divine. Can’t wait to try them on the grill. From Allrecipes.
- 2 ounces smoked Gouda cheese , shredded
- 4 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (2 1/4 inch thick) center-cut, bone-in pork chops
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, bacon, parsley, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Lay the chop flat on cutting board, and with a sharp knife held parallel to the board, cut a pocket into the pork, going all the way to the bone, but leaving the sides intact. Stuff cheese mixture into pocket, and close with a wooden toothpick. Brush meat with oil, and season with salt and more black pepper.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until pork is done. Careful not to overcook!