http://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/ranchdressing.jpg 250 250 Amy http://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/OwlCreekLogo1sm.png Amy2010-06-02 11:48:382010-06-02 11:48:38Ranch Dressing/Dip & Crab Salad
- Choose one: 1-1/2 cups mayo or 1 cup mayo + 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp (rounded) dried chives
- 1/2 tsp (rounded) dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp (rounded) dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Milk to thin as needed
- In a small bowl, add the mayo (add sour cream if desired), mix in all the spices and use as is for dip, or slowly add milk while constantly stirring til desired thinness is reached for salad dressing.
- Let set 30 minutes to blend flavors.
Super simple crab salad that my kids love
- Ranch Dressing from above
- 16 oz bag noodles (like small shells, corkscrews, etc)
- 1-2 lb imitation crab (some people like lots, some not as much)
- 16 oz broccoli florets
- Make the dressing first, cover and keep in fridge. Cook the noodles until al dente, drain under cold running water and place in large bowl.
- While the noodles cook, steam the broccoli until just tender, then drain under cold running water and place in the bowl with the noodles.
- Do not let the noodles or broccoli get mushy.
- Chop the crab into small bits and add to the bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the top, mix in, and refrigerate for an hour or more to completely cool and allow flavors to blend.