http://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/pecanpie.jpg 194 259 Amy http://owlcreek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/OwlCreekLogo1sm.png Amy2008-12-14 22:01:452008-12-14 22:01:45Caramel Pecan Pie
Caramel Pecan Pie
A favourite holiday pie; even folks who don’t care for pecan pie like this one.
- 1 9 ″ unbaked pie crust
- 36 individually wrapped caramels , unwrapped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Ina saucepan over low hear, combine caramels, butter and milk. Cook, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Gradually mix in the melted caramel mixture. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Allow to cool until filling is firm.